Plastic wrap and masking tape are a great way to pattern out armor and clothing! Veg-tanned leather cut using the masking tape pattern as a guide. My very first time trying to wet-form leather. Quite happy with the results! The leather top prior to top-stitching and dying. The final top. My very first time dying polyester. I was a bit worried since the fabric was so expensive, but the boiling method worked great. I didn't even need additives like salt or vinegar. Getting creative to shape some EVA foam armor! Nearly finished dress. Huge thank you to my friend Mayhem for creating a custom pattern for me! With that knocked out, I was able to sew the dress in a single evening. My first Arda Wig - lace front and heat resistant. I started by straightening out the soft curl, then braiding bits and locking in the wave with the iron!

WIP - Daenerys Targaryen

This is the fastest I’ve ever turned around a costume - start to nearly finished in a week and a half. I usually don’t like to rush costumes in this way, but I was offered an incredible opportunity I couldn’t turn down! 

I’ve been invited to a Wild Places shoot with Anna Cosplay Photography, and we are staying with George R. R. Martin in New Mexico! I decided to tackle Daenerys’ outfit from the House of the Undying for the trip. Click the photos for construction notes!

I leave on Friday for the shoot - I can’t wait to work with Anna, other fantastic cosplayers, and meet George! :D